Roles and Responsibilities of the Researcher
As someone defined Social Research is as a systematic and original contribution to the knowledge. The researcher has to play many roles. The following might be roles and responsibilities of a researcher.
- He must make original contribution and should avoid manipulation of data.
- He must not have prejudice on the research subject, objectivity should be ensured at every level of research.
- He must follow the scientific approach of investigation and fact finding.
- Researcher must be well acquainted with the subject matter and trained in doing research.
- He must have a quest for new knowledge.
- He must have a neutral attitude towards the subject without any prejudice.